- Business & Community Economic Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Disability Services
- Diversity in Graduate Education
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Ally Programs Office
- Institute for Diversity, Equity and Advocacy
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence
- NorthStar STEM Alliance
- Women's Center
- Education and Training
- Awards and Scholarships
- About OED
- Staff Intranet
Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Endowed Scholarship
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC) Endowed Scholarship was established in 2008 through a generous gift from the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community. The SMSC scholarship program is designed to recruit and retain talented American Indian students with demonstrated financial need to the University of Minnesota. The SMSC scholarship program is administered by the University's Office for Equity and Diversity.
The SMSC scholarship program supports incoming University of Minnesota first-year and transfer students with demonstrated financial need. Scholarships may also be awarded to newly-admitted graduate and professional students in specific disciplines. Scholarships are renewable for up to eight semesters for undergraduates, depending on your degree program and contingent upon academic performance. For graduate and professional students, the length of funding is contingent upon academic performance, the school of enrollment, the degree program, and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
CURRENT SMSC SCHOLARS:
To continue eligibility for funding:
- All SMSC Scholars - Please make sure you fill out your FAFSA by May 1st in order to continue your eligibility for funding.
- Undergraduate SMSC Scholars - must be registered full-time and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Graduate and professional SMSC Scholars - must be registered full-time and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
Merit awards of $500 are given each fall to undergraduate scholars only who maintain a 3.0 or above grade point average.
*NOTE: Current scholars DO NOT fill out another SMSC application.
2014-2015 APPLICATIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS:
Word Format (NOTE: This one is "fillable" through Microsoft Word)
Print and mail applications by May 1, 2014 to:
SMSC Scholarship Selection Committee
Office for Equity and Diversity
University of Minnesota
432 Morrill Hall
100 Church Street S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For more information about the SMSC scholarship program, contact Ralph Blanco, Office for Equity and Diversity, at 612-625-8680 or email@example.com.