- About BCED
- Education & Training
- Programs & Services
- News & Media
We take old, donated computers that aren't being used, refurbish them and give them to people living in the Twin Cities area who aren't able to afford a computer. As a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR), we will properly decommission your computers by following the government data-wiping standards of the Department of Defense and will also issue a Certificate of Destruction if requested. Instead of ending up in a landfill, the refurbished computers will be supplied to disadvantaged communities that need access to the benefits of technology that they cannot currently afford.
Working with us can help you:
- Protect corporate data: disposing of computer through a community MAR helps to protect your valuable business data. Because we are required to meet government standards for data removal, you can feel safe knowing that your data has been removed.
- Demonstrate community leadership through computer disposal via refurbishment: you are helping to supply computers that will be refurbished and provided to those who need them most: disadvantaged individuals, groups and nonprofit organizations. This is an ideal way to show support by giving back to those in need.
- Provide a viable solution to decrease waste: you are helping to advocate reuse and decrease waste by keeping your old, but usable, computers out of landfills to reduce waste and environmental impact.
Policies for Data Wiping
We take the proper steps to ensure that all data has been erased from the computer. When we receive a donated computer, we wipe the hard drive in compliance with the Department of Defense standard 5220.22-M and a Certificate of Erasure is generated upon successful erasure of the entire hard drive. Below are the methods we use to ensure that all sensitive data is removed from your donated computers:
- Killdisk and Dban are both hard drive and partition eraser software that ensure files and documents are properly destroyed
- Kanguru Hard Drive Duplicator has a Department of Defense-approved disk wiping feature
Please scroll to the bottom of the page to access our “Donate Now” button.
Loading, please wait...
Monday - Friday
For more information or to donate your PCs, please contact Wilson Maceno at (612) 624-3778 or (612) 624-3404 or e-mail: email@example.com