- Education & Training
- Complaints & Consulting
- Title IX
- Employment Resources
- About Us
- EOAA’s Guide to Locating Affirmative Action Goals
- Collection of Employees' Race, Ethnicity, Disability Status and Veteran Status
- Additional student and employee data by gender, race and ethnicity is available on the website of the Office of Institutional Research.
- The University’s Affirmative Action Plan can be accessed (pursuant to applicable law) by contacting the University’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action during normal business hours.
Citizenship, Residency, and Visa Requirements
- Citizenship, Residency, and Visa Requirements
- EEOC facts about National Origin Discrimination
- Hiring Foreign Nationals
- Equal Opportunity and Disability Accommodations
Includes Equal Opportunity and Disability Access Statements.
- Guidelines for Reasonable Accommodations for Employees with Disabilities
- Disability Services: Resources for Employees and Supervisors (UReturn)
Recruiting, Hiring and Retaining Personnel
- Affirmative Action in Search Committee Processes
Guidelines for search committee on affirmative action. (PDF Version.)
- Best Practices in Recruiting and Retaining Under-Represented U.S. Minority Faculty at the University of Minnesota (PDF)
A handbook for administrators and search committees compiled by IDEA (Institute for Diversity, Equity and Advocacy), a unit of the Office for Equity and Diversity.
- Diversity Recruitment Source Database
This searchable diversity recruitment database that provides a comprehensive and up-to-date repository of diversity recruitment resources that can be utilized when conducting searches.
- Equity and Diversity in the Search Process Tool Kit
Ensuring equity and diversity in the search process is essential for increasing the diversity of candidate pools for positions, and ultimately the diversity of the University community. EOAA created this online toolkit to help guide the process.
Acceptable and prohibited questions - guidelines regarding appropriate language for use when hiring.
- Hiring - Guidelines and Procedures
Procedures and instructions for hiring academic, civil service and bargaining unit, graduate assistant, student, and temporary employees.
- Recruitment and Selection of Faculty and Academic Professional and Administrative Employees
Human Resource Policy.