What other reporting options and/or resources are available?



You can report to EOAA by:

  • Scheduling an appointment with an EOAA representative.  Please call (612) 624-9547 or email eoaa@umn.edu.  We can provide the best assistance by meeting in person or scheduling a telephone call.

           Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action

274 McNamara Alumni Center

200 Oak Street SE

Minneapolis, MN 55455


fax:  (612) 624-5223

  • Contact UReport  The UReport provides a way for University community members to report violations of rules, regulations and policies. The report can be made anonymously.  Situations that implicate discrimination, harassment, sexual violence, nepotism, and related retaliation policies will be forwarded to EOAA.  

Other Available Resources

Employees may contact their local or Central Human Resources representative.  You can get more information by contacting the Office for Human Resources.

Twin Cities Campus
100 Donhowe Building
319 - 15th Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
(612) 624-8647
Fax: (612) 624-6037
Email: ohr@umn.edu

Duluth Campus
Department of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity
255 Darland Administration Bldg.
1049 University Drv.
Duluth, MN 55812
(218) 726-6827
Fax: (218) 726-8827
Email: umdeo@d.umn.edu

Crookston Campus
121 Selvig Hall
2900 University Ave.
Crookston, MN 56716
(218) 281-8345
Fax: (218) 281-8040
Email: ljumc@umn.edu

Morris Campus
201 Behmler Hall
600 East 4th St.
Morris, MN 56267
(320) 589-6024
Fax: (320) 589-7040
E-mail: mattsosj@mrs.umn.edu

Rochester Campus
Contact Office of Human Resources for Twin Cities Campus.

Provides guidance about human resources policies for all University employees.

Current University of Minnesota employees, including student employees, may use the University’s Office for Conflict Resolution.

University of Minnesota
662 Heller Hall
271 - 19th Ave. South
Minneapolis, MN 55455
(612) 624-1030
Fax: (612) 625-0889
E-mail: ocr@umn.edu

Bargaining unit employees may use their employee grievance process. 

Students may use Student Advocate Services.

University of Minnesota
270 Appleby Hall
128 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
(612) 624-1760
E-mail: cbracht@umn.edu


Complaints about student conduct are filed with the Office for Community Standards (OCS), unless they are Title IX related (sexual harassment and sexual violence).

University of Minnesota
211 Appleby Hall
128 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
(612) 624-6073
Fax: (612) 626-2298

You may file an anonymous complaint through UReport.

The University also offers a number of confidential resources for personal support, including:

·      The Aurora Center 

·      University Counseling and Consulting Services

·      Boynton Mental Health

·      The Employee Assistance Program 

Local Employee Assistance Programs are available on system campuses.

University of Minnesota

Twin Cities Campus
209 Donhowe
319 - 15th St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

For Employees:
EAP services are provided by
The Sand Creek Group, Ltd.
209 Donhowe
(612) 625-2820 (calls answered 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week)

Duluth Campus
St. Luke's Employee Assistance
220 North 6th Avenue E.
Duluth, MN 55805
(218) 249-7077 or 1-888-355-8495 (Anytime)

Crookston Campus
Northwestern Mental Health Center
603 Bruce St.
Crookston, MN 56716
(218) 281-3940

Morris Campus
Stevens Community Medical Center
400 South 1st St.
Morris, MN 56267
(320) 589-7625

Rochester Campus
See Employee Assistance Program for Twin Cities Campus.

Offers confidential counseling and referral services for employees and faculty who are experiencing work-related and personal difficulties.

All individuals, including those who are not employees or students, may use appropriate external resources.

University Student Legal Services

University of Minnesota
160 West Bank Skyway
219 - 19th Avenue S.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
(612) 624-1001
Fax: (612) 624-7351
Email: usls@umn.edu

Assists students with non-University related legal matters.

External (Non-University Offices) for Discrimination Complaints

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Minneapolis Area Office
330 South 2nd Ave., Suite 720
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Fax: (612) 335-4044
TTY: 1-800-669-6820

EEOC handles employment discrimination issues only.

Minneapolis Civil Rights Department
239 City Hall
350 South 5th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55415
(612) 673-3012
Fax: (612) 673-2599
TTY: (612) 673-2157

Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR)
625 Robert St. N.
St. Paul, MN 55155
(651) 539-1100
Fax: (651) 296-9042
TTY: (651) 296-1283

MDHR handles employment and educational discrimination issues.

Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
Chicago Office
U.S. Department of Education
Citigroup Center
500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475
Chicago, IL 60661
(312) 730-1560
Fax: (312) 730-1576
TDD: (877) 521-2172
Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov

OCR handles educational discrimnation. The OCR office serving Minnesota is located in Chicago.

Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Minneapolis District Office
U.S. Department of Labor
900 2nd Ave. S, Suite 480
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 370-3177
Fax: (612) 370-3178

St. Paul Department of Human Rights
240 City Hall
15 West Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102-1681
(651) 266-8966
Fax: (651) 266-8962

U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Educational Opportunities Section, PHB
Washington, D.C. 20530
(202) 514-4092 or 1-877-292-3804 (toll-free)
Fax: (202) 514-8337


The U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division has a number of different offices including:

  • Federal Coordination and Compliance Section-NWB (related to programs or activities of entities that receive federal assistance)
  • Immigrant and Employee Rights Section
  • Disability Rights Section

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Toll-Free call center: 1-800-368-1019
TTD Number: 1-800-537-7697