- Education & Training
- Complaints & Consulting
- Policies & Directives
- Employment Resources
- About Us
Equity and Diversity in the Search Process Toolkit
Ensuring equity and diversity in the search process is essential for increasing the diversity of candidate pools for positions, and ultimately the diversity of the University community. EOAA created this online toolkit to help guide the process.
This protocol provides a summary how to incorporate equity and diversity at each step of the search process.
These narrated UMConnect presentations are based on an in-person workshop that EOAA offers on Equity and Diversity in the Search Process.
- Affirmative Action Goals (the definition, purpose, and importance of affirmative action goals)
- Recordkeeping (the importance of using the online application system to track and document data, search committee responsibilities around affirmative action goals)
- Ensuring that Diversity is Recognized and Valued throughout the Process (writing job descriptions, qualifications, and interview questions that reflect a value of diversity, broadly defining diversity, the importance of a diverse search committee)
Sample Job Descriptions and Interview Questions that Reflect Diversity
We selected five random job postings and reworked them to more fully incorporate diversity. They are intended to give you ideas for incorporating diversity into your own postings. Also included are diversity-related interview questions for each position.
A Guide to Locating Affirmative Action Goals
This guide walks you through the process of locating Affirmative Action goals on UMReports for positions at the U.
- EOAA's Guide to Locating Affirmative Action Goals (PDF)
- EOAA's Guide to Locating Affirmative Action Goals (Word)
Recruiting and Retaining Diverse Faculty
This handbook was compiled for institutional leaders and search committees by OED's Institute for Diversity, Equity and Advocacy (IDEA).
- Best Practices in Recruiting and Retaining Under-Represented U. S. Minority Faculty at the University of Minnesota (PDF)
This searchable diversity recruitment database that provides a comprehensive and up-to-date repository of diversity recruitment resources that can be utilized when conducting searches.