- Education & Training
- Get Connected
- Campus Partners
- About Us
Descriptions of Trainings
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for info on our Campuswide Trainings & to request a tailor-made Department Training:
CAMPUSWIDE TRAININGS :
Ally Training 101
"An ally supports the GLBT community and interrupts instances of biphobia, homophobia, and transphobia reaching across differences to achieve mutual goals."
- Increase your GLBTA knowledge through focused content on language terms and real-life experiences of sexual orientation & gender identity
- Ask questions you're afraid to ask elsewhere (this is an educational space, so ask away...if not here, then where, right?)
- Engage in activities to become stronger allies while reframing our own misperceptions about GLBTA communities
- Leave with educational materials, Ally stickers, & concrete action steps for making our U of M classrooms, departments, offices, and committees more welcoming & affirming for everyone
Ally Training 201
DEPARTMENT TRAINING TOPICS :
- We can do the above 4 listed trainings just for your committee, department, or organization, whether on-or-off campus.
- Topics could include GLBT personal perspectives / panels / role models / history / impact in your specific academic area.
PAST DEPARTMENTAL TRAININGS (On Campus):
Army ROTC | Athletics | Aurora Center | Boynton Health Advocates | Boynton Health Services | Disability Services | Housing and Residential Life | Lavender House | Learning Abroad Center | Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence | Office of First Year Programs | St. Paul Student Housing | Student Union & Activities | U of M Libraries | U of M Police Department | University Career and Counceling Services
PAST TRAININGS (Off Campus):
Amrican College Personnel Association | BECAUSE Conference 2013 | Bi Salon (Bisexual Organizing Project) | Euity and Diversity Conference (UMD) | Minnesota College Personnel Association | Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) | Minnesota Out! Campus Conference | Pfund - Summer Camp Racial Equity Initiative | Transformation House - Sober Living Facility | Stadium View School & Juvenile Justice Center