- Education & Training
- Campus Partners
- About Us
Queer Student Cultural Center
What is the QSCC?
- Queer Student Cultural Center (located in 205 Coffman Student Union)
- Coalition of 10+ LGBTQIA student organizations devoted to connecting students with one another, while helping them adjust to the U of M and explore their identities.
- QSCC in 205 serves as both a small office & a large open safe space for any student to come in, hang out, read some magazines, do some homework, and overall get connected with other LGBTQIA-friendly folks.
- Great hangout spot between classes & provides a much needed respite from the stresses of a typical student's day.
How are the QSCC & Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life different?
Queer Student Cultural Center:
- Operated by students & is a registered 501(c)3 organization which receives money from Office of Student Unions & Activities
- Responsible for increasing LGBTQIA awareness through LGBTQIA student events, student organization meetings, & social programming
- Builds, advises, & advances the leadership of LGBTQIA students & student organizations
Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life:
- Operated by professional staff & is a university office which receives money from Office of Equity & Diversity
- Responsible for increasing LGBTQIA awareness through campuswide trainings & education, academic curriculum infusion, intersectional work across race/gender/etc, building community partnerships, and implementing institutional change work that affects students on the whole.
- Provides scholarship dollars to students, as well as a community listserve of 3,000+ people to connect you with U of M & local Twin Cities LGBTQIA communities