- Education & Training
- Campus Partners
- Navigating the U
- Queer Identities
- Transgender Identities
- About Us
Request a Training
Requesting a tailor-made training couldn't be simpler!
How do I request a training?
Email the GSC at firstname.lastname@example.org with all the vital info below:
- Why? - Please give 1 or 2 reasons why you're requesting a training from us
- Who? - Which class/dept/cmte is this for? How many people total? Students, employees, or both?
- What? - Topics can be as specific or broad as you want
- When/Where? - Provide all available dates/times/locations
- How? - Do you want a formal training, an interactive workshop, or us to facilitate a dialogue?
What's the difference between a formal training, an interactive workshop, or a facilitated dialogue?
- Formal Trainings involve activities that increase LGBTQIA knowledge, and they tend to be more content-based in nature (i.e. LGBTQ 101, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Language Terms.)
- Interactive Workshops involve activities where colleagues interact with tough topics & tend to be more skill-based in nature (i.e. Role Plays, Scenarios, Combating Homophobia.)
- Facilitated Dialogues involve us coming in as third-party participants to help your class/department/committee navigate discussions around a focused topic (i.e. Homophobia in Your Workplace, Correct Usage of Gender Pronouns, Spotchecking Your Office for Pro-or-Anti-LGBTQIA Climate)