- Education & Training
- Campus Partners
- Navigating the U
- Queer Identities
- Transgender Identities
- About Us
Personal Stories & Experiences from our Training Attendees
We assess our training programs, requesting feedback in both print & online form. We reintegrate your feedback into our evolving training program. We tailor-make training sessions for specific classrooms, departments, offices, organizations, and also host open campuswide training sessions for U of M employees and students.
Sampling of Responses to: "What have you learned from these sessions - what will stick with you?"
"I am too privileged. I clearly need to do more work..."
(GLBTQ Ally Training 101, U of M Student)
"To NOT be silent! Must ask questions - everyone has assumptions"
(GLBTQ Ally Training for College of Liberal Arts, U of M Employee)
"An amazing amount of great information. I love all the talk about systems."
(GLBTQ Ally Training 201, U of M Student)
"Very engaging - great partner/group interaction. Open & encouraging for opinions/stories/questions/etc."
(GLBTQ Ally Training for Library Staff, U of M Employee)
"This idea that people don't fit into boxes, and we should challenge the notion that they even have to fit into a box." (Bisexuality 101, U of M Student)
"Really liked the small group activities. You cannot make any assumptions about anybody's experience."
(Transgender 101, U of M Student)
It's a Great Time to Request a Training!
For specific classrooms, departments, offices, or organizations to train on LGBTQIA identities & experiences, please REQUEST A TRAINING.
The Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life has provided the following trainings on LGBTQIA topics & identities to increase allyhood & support of our students:
- Admissions - Student Ambassadors & Campus Tour Guides
- Army ROTC Cadets & Officers - LGBTQIA Identities in the Post-DADT-era (all 130+ cadets in U of M's ROTC program)
- Aurora Center - Staff
- Bi 101
- Boynton Health Services - Nurses, Doctors, Medical Staff, Clerical, & Front Desk Staff (300+ attendees)
- College of Liberal Arts Student Services - Professional Staff
- Counseling & Student Personnel Psychology - Graduate Students in Counseling & Higher Education
- Disability Services - Professional Staff
- Gender, Women's, & Sexuality Studies - Academic Course
- GLBT(Ally) 101
- GLBT(Ally) 201
- Housing and Residential Life - Community Assistants
- Intersectionality 101
- Intersex 101
- Leadership Minor & Social Change Project - Leadership Minor students
- Learning Abroad Center - Professional Staff
- Libraries - Peer Research Consultants
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence - Professional Staff
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence - Multicultural Kick-Off Student Leaders
- Office for Equity and Diversity's Certificate Workshop #5 - Universal Design & Disability
- Office for Equity and Diversity's Certificate Workshop #6 - Managing Difficult Diversity Conversations
- Office for Equity and Diversity's Certificate Workshop #7 - Race, Racism, & White Privilege
- Office for Equity and Diversity's Certificate Workshop #10 - GLBTQ Identities & Communities
- Orientation & First-Year Programs - Orientation Leaders
- Student Unions & Activities - SUA Staff
- Trans 101
- University of Minnesota Police Department (UMPD) - Police Officers
- Women's Center - Professional Staff & Student Staff