- Academic Support
- Get Involved
- Campus Resources
- About Us
MCAE Instructional Center will have educational consultant support for Summer 2015.DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE HERE: Appleby Hall--Summer 2015--MCAE Educational Consultant Schedule.pdf
The MCAE Instructional Center is located in Appleby Hall. The Center provides group and individual tutoring to University of Minnesota students. It is a place where students can take their time to learn and where students are not afraid to ask questions. It is a place where students study together and develop support groups and lasting friendships. Studies show that students who attend learning centers achieve better grades and are more successful during their college careers. The tutorial staff offer one-on-one assistance for help in gateway courses and skills such as mathematics, sciences, statistics, economics, writing, and library research. Additional courses are also supported, based on the backgrounds of our tutorial staff in any given semester.
The MCAE Instructional Center offers walk-in tutoring from the first week of classes through the last full week of classes. The walk-in tutoring schedule also includes hours for the Peer Research Consultants, both at the MCAE Instructional Center in Appleby Hall and at University of Minnesota Libraries locations.
- Help with Research - Peer Research Consultants
- Facilitated study groups for key gateway classes (calculus, general chemistry, first-year physics). Study Groups at a Glance includes meeting times and places, as well as on-line and in-person resources.
- Academic Success Workshops are held throughout Academic Year 2014-2015. Workshops are held at scheduled times and some are available on request for multicultural student organizations, programs, and peer-organized study groups. New workshops are added at regular intervals. See the Fall 2014 Workshop listing or the Golden Gopher Workshop Database (Academic Success) for the latest offerings.
- Make an overview of all your Fall 2014 exams and major project due dates! - Check out your course pages. It's never too soon to plan your studying. Additional time management resources can be found at the University Counseling and Consulting site, Student Academic Support Services Self-Help Materials.
- Exam Jam offers support in the form of review sessions and food. This event is held before midterms and prior to finals week.
- Reduce study time by learning to study more effectively
- Become better prepared for exams by learning concepts and mastering course material
- Develop a more personalized approach to learning
- Develop confidence in your academic abilities
- Have the opportunity to study cooperatively in small groups
In addition to extra instruction for your courses, the IC also offers:
- A complete computer lab with up-to-date hardware and software, as well as access to the Internet
- Professional and Graduate School Preparation Workshops
- Individual and groups study spaces are available in the Center centers for self-directed study on a first come, first served basis.
- The Center also hosts short introductory workshops in Excel, PowerPoint, academic services and skill development, and library resources.
Instructional Center Contact: