- Academic Support
- Get Involved
- Campus Resources
- About Us
MCAE Instructional Center will have educational consultant support for Fall 2016 starting the week of September 12, 2016.DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE HERE: Appleby Hall--Spring 2017--MCAE Educational Consultant Schedule.pdf
The MCAE Instructional Center is located in Appleby Hall. The Center provides group and individual tutoring to University of Minnesota students. It is a place where students can take their time to learn and where students are not afraid to ask questions. It is a place where students study together and develop support groups and lasting friendships. Studies show that students who attend learning centers achieve better grades and are more successful during their college careers. The tutorial staff offer one-on-one assistance for help in gateway courses and skills such as mathematics, sciences, statistics, economics, writing, and library research. Additional courses are also supported, based on the backgrounds of our tutorial staff in any given semester.
The MCAE Instructional Center offers walk-in tutoring from the first week of classes through the last full week of classes. The walk-in tutoring schedule also includes hours for the Peer Research Consultants, both at the MCAE Instructional Center in Appleby Hall and at University of Minnesota Libraries locations.
- Help with Research - Peer Research Consultants
- Academic Success Workshops are held throughout Academic Year 2016-2017. Workshops are held at scheduled times and some are available on request for multicultural student organizations, programs, and peer-organized study groups. New workshops are added at regular intervals.
- Make an overview of all your Fall 2016 exams and major project due dates! - Check out your course pages. It's never too soon to plan your studying. Additional time management resources can be found at the Student Counseling Services site, Student Academic Support Services Self-Help Materials.
- Exam Jam is held before finals week each semester and offers academic support and food to help prepare for final exams. Fall 2016 Exam Jam will be held Saturday, December 10, 2016 in MCAE (Appleby Hall room 140) from 9 am to 1 pm and in the SMART Learning Commons (Bruininks Hall 131A) from 1 pm to 4 pm.
- Late Nite @ MCAE is held every Thursday evening from 6 to 10pm during the Spring and Fall Semesters and offers exdended academic support, dinner, and community building in a fun, relaxed setting. The first session for Fall 2016 is Thursday, September 15, 2016.
- Reduce study time by learning to study more effectively
- Become better prepared for exams by learning concepts and mastering course material
- Develop a more personalized approach to learning
- Develop confidence in your academic abilities
- Have the opportunity to study cooperatively in small groups
In addition to extra instruction for your courses, the IC also offers:
- A complete computer lab with up-to-date hardware and software, as well as access to the Internet.
- Professional and graduate school preparation materials (LSAT, MCAT, GRE, etc.).
- Individual and groups study spaces are available in the Center centers for self-directed study on a first come, first served basis.
Instructional Center Contact: