- Academic Support
- Get Involved
- Campus Resources
- About Us
Multicultural Kick Off
IT IS TIME for MKO Interviews!!!
MKO Ambassador Applicants!
Congratulations on applying for this fun-filled event!
Please follow the link and sign up for a GROUP INTERVIEW time slot.
INFO you need to know:
Choose a date and time that works for your schedule!
Locations, Dates, Times
Room 135 or 169.
February 12 1:00p - 5:00p
February 13 1:30 - 3:00
MKO LEAD POSTIONS Feb 19 - 1 hour interviews (3 - 4p or 4 - 5p)
The group interviews will last approximately 20 - 25 mins.
Please be prompt for your start time as we have a very busy schedule.
There will be one group task everyone will be asked to work on during the interview.
LINK TO INTERVIEW PAGE: HERE
If the link does not work, cut and paste the following:
The Office for Equity and Diversity is proud to sponsor the Multicultural Kick Off, which helps first-year students make a successful transition to college by building community and identifying academic and cultural supports on campus. It provides an opportunity for you to meet students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
The University is a diverse, multicultural community of learners and scholars. The Office for Equity and Diversity supports a diverse University community that is inclusive regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. The Office for Equity and Diversity's goal is to provide leadership for fostering a campus environment that values and actively supports our multicultural community.
Multicultural Kick Off offers a unique opportunity to:
- Connect with other new students and returning students and develop new friendships
- Build relationships with multicultural students, staff, and faculty
- Learn about faculty expectations in the classroom
- Learn about programs and services on campus that will make you successful
- Make valuable multicultural connections that can support your educational goals
Your experience will include:
- Small-group and large-group activities led by student leaders
- Social opportunities
- A chance to have your questions about college answered by those who have been there
List of what you will need to register successfully for the 2013 MKO
- Student ID (found on your student ID card)
- U of MN Email (if you have not yet done so, please activate your email).
- You will have the opportunity to opt in to the MCAE Academic Success Action Plan (M-ASAP) in the registration. Please take a moment to review the M-ASAP plan before beginning: https://diversity.umn.edu/multicultural/successplanning
- Students with orientation dates on August 26 and 27 are asked to contact their colleges immediately and select another orientation date due to time conflicts between the Multicultural Kick Off and scheduled orientation activities.
Note: This event is specifically tailored to domestic incoming undergraduate first-year students. There are additional programming opportunities for transfer students through MCAE which will be emailed out in August. Additionally, there are opportunities for international students through the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office. Please visit www.isss.umn.edu for more information.
Top 10 reasons to participate in Multicultural Kick Off 2013:
- Enjoy an event planned especially for YOU!
- Discover extracurricular activities available on campus.
- Learn the secrets to college success from University students, staff and faculty
- Build confidence
- Experience fun and engaging programming
- Begin to develop leadership skills
- Experience campus life
- Learn about college expectations
- Make the "U" feel smaller
- Connect with other incoming and returning students
We look forward to seeing you at the Multicultural Kick Off. It's a University experience you don't want to miss!
Get Involved with MKO
MKO Entertainment Showcase
If you are interested in being selected as an entertainment group for the MKO showcase on the evening of August 26, 2013, please contact MCAE staff member Donovan Begay.
MKO Information Fair
WE NEED YOU!
If you would like to volunteer for MKO day 1 or day 2 (August 26 or 27), please contact the volunteer coordinator, Christina Lee.
For More Information Contact:
Evonne Bilotta-Burke, M.L.S.
Multicultural Kick Off - Coordinator
168 Appleby Hall
128 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455