The goals of the DCoP are to Educate/Collaborate/Support/Assess and:
- Connect specific college equity and diversity strategies to the UM strategic plan
- Change the status quo
- Share resources and collaborate
- Increase awareness of collegiate diversity goals, events, etc.
- Support one another as members innovate and take risks
- Utilize outcomes-based assessment to make decisions and determine success
DCoP members act as liaisons to their units. Some members are formally charged diversity professionals, and others have voluntarily stepped into this role and are leaders in these efforts within their units. Each member serves as a representative of their unit and is tasked with conveying the lessons learned through their participation with the DCoP as well as bringing issues and considerations from their unit to DCoP meetings for brainstorming solutions and follow-up action.
Due to limited capacity, DCoP membership currently includes faculty and staff on the UMN Twin Cities campus, but we welcome interested visitors from system campuses to our meetings.
For more information, contact Virajita Singh, Assistant Vice Provost, Office for Equity and Diversity, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colleges/Units Represented in the DCoP
There are currently over 46 UMN colleges and units represented in the DCoP.