- Business & Community Economic Development
- Community Outreach, Retention and Engagement (CORE) Program
- Conflict Resolution
- Disability Resource Center
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life
- Institute for Diversity, Equity and Advocacy
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence
- NorthStar STEM Alliance
- Women's Center
- Education and Training
- Awards and Scholarships
- About OED
- Staff Intranet
Puckett Scholars Program
The Puckett Scholars Program was created in 1994 by Kirby and Tonya Puckett to provide scholarships for incoming first-year students from Minnesota. Any high school senior from the state of Minnesota who plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is eligible to apply for the Puckett Scholars Program. Preference is given to students of color who demonstrate strong academic achievement, leadership and/or community involvement, financial need, and who have excellent potential to succeed at the college level.
The scholarship award is $4,000 for the first year, renewable annually for up to four years. In order to maintain funding, Puckett Scholars must be registered full-time at the University of Minnesota. In addition, merit awards of $1,000 - $2,000 are given annually to scholars who maintain outstanding grade point averages. To encourage academic progress, each scholar is assigned a faculty mentor for general guidance and support through the President's Distinguished Faculty Mentor Program.
For more information about the Puckett Scholars Program and application instructions, please contact Ralph Blanco in the Office for Equity and Diversity at 612-625-8680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for the Puckett Scholarship (for students starting at the U of M 2017-2018):
*THE APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED*
If you are selected by the committee as a potential candidate for the scholarship, you will be contacted by our office regarding the second phase of the application process, which involves an in-person interview with the selection committee, either on-campus or at another location to be determined.
Please contact us with any questions you may have: email@example.com, 612-625-8680
DEADLINE: APRIL 10, 2017
FOR CURRENT PUCKETT SCHOLARS:
- You do not need to fill out any applications to renew your scholarship.
- Simply maintain "Satisfactory Academic Progress": https://onestop.umn.edu/finances/satisfactory-academic-progress-sap
- You must be registered as a "Full Time" student.
- An additional $1000 will be given if you maintain a GPA that is 3.0 - 3.49.
- An additional $2000 will be given if you maintain a GPA that is 3.5 - 4.0.
If you wish to donate funds to the Puckett Scholars Program, you may do so here online. You can also contact the University of Minnesota Foundation directly at 612-624-3333, or 800-775-2187 (toll-free).