The Puckett Scholarship was created in 1994 by Kirby and Tonya Puckett to provide scholarships for incoming first-year students from Minnesota. Any high school senior from the state of Minnesota who plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is eligible to apply for the Puckett Scholarship. Preference is given to students of color who demonstrate strong academic achievement, leadership and/or community involvement, financial need, and who have excellent potential to succeed at the college level.
- $4000 for the first year; merit awards of an additional $1,000 - $2,000 are given annually to scholars who maintain outstanding grade point averages (renewable annually for up to four years).
- High school senior graduating from a school in the state of Minnesota
- Admission as a full-time student to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities for the Fall 2021 semester
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Have your FAFSA completed and on-file at the U of M by March 1st
For current scholars only:
- You do not need to fill out any applications to renew your scholarship.
- Simply maintain "Satisfactory Academic Progress"
- You must be registered as a "Full Time" student.
- You must complete your FAFSA each year and have it on file at the U of M.
- An additional $1000 will be given if you maintain a GPA that is 3.0 - 3.49.
- An additional $2000 will be given if you maintain a GPA that is 3.5 - 4.0