- Training & Education
- Awards & Scholarships
- Resources & Advocacy
- About Us
Discover Exceptional Women
The Women’s Center, in collaboration with the other campus offices and organizations focused on women's and gender equity, hosts a series of events entitled “Discover Exceptional Women.” The series is designed to engage women students, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community in the wide range of resources, programming, and services available to women at the U.
“Discover Exceptional Women” typically occurs in September or October, and features welcoming receptions, as well as lectures, films, performances, and workshops on topics including women’s leadership, domestic violence, women’s mental and physical health, and strategies for student involvement and success.
Most “Discover Exceptional Women” events are free and open to the public. For more information about the series or any individual event, contact Women's Center staff.
Courtney Martin, "Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters"
Tish Norman, "Women in Charge! Communication Strategies for Confident Women"
Maya Lilly, "Mixed"
The following groups, departments and organizations have hosted events during Discover Exceptional Women:
- Arbez, Inc. (w/Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and WomenVenture)
- The Aurora Center for Advocacy & Education
- Black Motivated Women
- Boynton Health Services
- Career/Life Alliance Services, Inc.
- Center on Women and Public Policy
- Coalition for a Respectful U
- CSBU Women’s Action Network
- Deborah E. Powell Center for Women’s Health
- Department of Gender, Women & Sexuality Studies
- Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health
- Department of Recreational Sports
- Fine Theoretical Physics Institute
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence
- P&A Women’s Council
- Stamp Out Stigma
- Student Conflict Resolution Center
- Student Parent HELP Center
- University Counseling & Consulting Services
- University Men's Network
- University of Minnesota Child Development Center
- University Women of Color
- Women's Faculty Cabinet
- Women's Student Activist Collective (WSAC)