The Equity and Diversity Certificate helps participants develop tools necessary for advancing equity and diversity in all aspects of their personal and professional lives. It’s free of charge to current students, faculty, and staff on all campuses of the University of Minnesota.
- Certificates are still being process and mailed out, but, unfortunately, we are a bit behind at the moment. Most of them will most likely be mailed out in Janaury 2019.
The certificate program:
- Offers participants a theoretical framework for understanding equity and diversity work
- Helps participants develop necessary skills for equity and diversity work
- Gives participants direct experience working and communicating across differences
External Participants (Twin Cities only)
Each workshop will have 10 seats available for external participants.
Starting Fall 2018, external participants must first pay for the workshops they wish to attend via the external participants registration system. Once you have paid for the workshops, you will be directed to return to this Training Hub and sign-up for the same workshops for which you paid. The fee structure below outlines the new costs:
- $100/workshop ($900/all ten workshops) for self-supporting individuals external to the University of Minnesota system
- $150/workshop ($1350/all ten workshops) for external participants sponsored by their employer that is a non-profit, government agency, or non-University of Minnesota college or university
- $175/workshop ($1575/all ten workshops) for external participants sponsored by their employer that is a business or corporate entity
NOTE: For external participants who have three or less workshops remaining to complete the Basic Certificate, the fees for your remaining workshops will be waived for the Fall 2018 semester only. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the fees waived.