Let Us Help You
- Access the U of M's Equity & Diversity Vision Framework (PDF)
- Obtain disability accommodations
- Search for a research grant
- Apply for faculty bridge funding
- Access resources for campus climate concerns
- Download a guide (PDF) to making events accessible
- Locate equity and diversity resources
- If you're experiencing discrimination
We all share responsibility for equity and diversity—it’s everybody’s everyday work. Diversity goes well beyond numeric representation and access. Far from just enriching campus life or the academic experience, equity and diversity are critical to issues of campus culture and climate, and fundamental to everything we do at the University of Minnesota.
- Register for the Equity and Diversity Breakfast (Nov. 11)
- Submit an event for the 2nd Annual Greater Than 7 weeklong event (Oct. 5-11)
- Save the date for the next Keeping Our Faculty of Color Symposium VII (April 17 - 19, 2016)
- EOAA Director Kimberly Hewitt is quoted in an MPR article about the U of M's affirmative consent policy
- Earn an Equity & Diversity Certificate through OED. Register for workshops today!
Student Kaitlyn Mielke wrote about her experiences of the University of Minnesota as a Deaf-friendly campus and particularly, urges prospective students to consider all the resources that the U of M has to offer to Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Deafblind individuals.
2015 marks the fourth consecutive year that the University of Minneosta-Twin Cities has been listed as one of the top LGBTQ-friendly colleges and universities in the nation.
For the fourth consecutive year, the University of Minnesota Twin Cities (UMTC) has received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, the oldest and largest diversity-focused publication in higher education.
When it comes to addressing the grand challenge of sex trafficking, Associate Professor Tasoulla Hadjiyanni feels that designers have a role to play in creating transition housing for the victims.
VP Katrice Albert is a recipient of the 2015 Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Diversity in Business Award.
The Diversity in Business awards recognize some of the Twin Cities leading business leaders (owners and executives) from the GLBT and ethnic minority communities.