Office for Equity and Diversity's COVID-19 Response
The Office for Equity and Diversity (OED) and U of M are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and aligning our actions with Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), CDC, and WHO recommendations.
Below you will find resources for University of Minnesota students, faculty, staff, and other employees as well as Office for Equity and Diversity-specific information.
Office for Equity and Diversity Resources
- Circle of Indigenous Nations (COIN)
COIN is transitioning to virtual platforms, including virtual office hours and language tutoring. Look for updates on Facebook and Instagram.
- Disability Resource Center (DRC)
Find information on accommodations and information for students and instructors. The DRC will be holding all appointments and meetings remotely by phone or video conference (Zoom or Google Hangout). Connect with the DRC on Facebook.
- Diversity Community of Practice
Grassroots community of faculty and staff from collegiate and administrative units that meets virtually monthly during COVID-19 closure.
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life (GSC)
The GSC is providing virtual spaces for community members to dialogue and create with one another while participating in social distancing/isolation. Look for the latest updates on the GSC Facebook and Instagram as they become available.
- Institute for Diversity, Equity, and Advocacy (IDEA)
Offering virtual support sessions for U of M faculty during the COVID-19 closure, funding for virtual conferences, and more. Look for updates on Facebook and Twitter.
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE)
Find information on how to connect with MCAE staff and programming as well as information on the Celebration of Achievement, MCAE Kick-Off, academic support, and more. Look for updates on MCAE's Facebook page.
- North Star STEM Alliance
The North Star STEM Alliance is holding virtual Monthly Meal Mingles for Alliance members. Learn more on their Facebook page.
- OED Education Program Update
The Education Program staff are working to develop online options for both departments and our certificate program workshops. OED’s education website will provide up-to-date information as we transition to new learning formats.
- Office for Business and Community Economic Development (OBCED)
Find information on how to connect with OBCED staff and more. Learn more on their Facebook page.
- Office for Conflict Resolution (OCR)
Find information on how to connect with OCR staff remotely and more.
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA)
Find information on how to connect with EOAA staff and more.
- The Women's Center
Find information on how to connect with the Women's Center's staff and programming. Look for the latest updates, including virtual event information, on the Women's Center's Facebook and Instagram.
- Safe Campus
The best up-to-date resource for U of M system-wide information on COVID-19 infections and action, including University FAQs on the outbreak, messages from UMN leadership, and links to more information.
- Boynton Health
- Boynton Dental
- Mental Health Services
- Nutritious U Food Pantry
- Aurora Center
- Care Program
- Career and Internship Services
- Career Services Administration
- Graduate Studies Website
- International Student Scholar Services Website
- Leadership Education and Development - Undergraduate Programs (LEAD UP)
- Multicultural Student Engagement
- Off-Campus Living
- Office for Community Standards
- Parent and Family Program
- RecWell Operations
- RecWell Resources
- Student Advocate Services
- Student Conflict Resolution Center
- Student Group Questions
- Student Health Benefits Plan
- Student Legal Service
- Student Parent HELP Center
- Student Unions and Activities
- WIFI & Internet Access Resource