Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity (SEED) Award
- Range from $1000 to $3000 for one academic year. (Note: Your overall financial need will be taken into consideration when awarding funds.)
- Diverse students whose backgrounds and/or identities are underrepresented at the University of Minnesota.
- Students who will be full-time undergraduate juniors or seniors at any of the University of Minnesota’s campuses during the Fall 2019 semester, with a minimum of four semesters’ completed coursework at the University.
- Students with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Diverse students who demonstrate impressive achievement and leadership in at least ONE of the two following areas:
- Academic performance and engagement within the chosen field of study. The field of study need not be in the areas of equity, diversity, ethnic studies, LGBTQIA studies, etc., but students must demonstrate an exceptional commitment and achievement in the area(s) of study they have chosen to pursue at the University of Minnesota.
- Community outreach and activism. Students should demonstrate an exceptional commitment to and engagement with a particular issue of social justice, community, and/or community organization. Such community activism can take place on or off any of the University of Minnesota’s campuses.